Friday, July 6, 2018

Is Storage A Problem In Your Garage?

  Space in and outside our homes is often a problem for many of us but there are solutions. One, you can get rid of stuff (which I have done) and or two, you can create some additional space especially in the garage.  Besides having my own needs to address as real Estate Broker I am always helping clients solve various issues with the properties or ones they are looking to purchase. 

  Like my father (deceased) I am a car nut, actually anything with a motor in it gets my attention. Back in the fifties, sixties and seventies all the new car models came out at the same time usually in early October. It started when I was about four or five years old and my Dad would drag me around on a Friday night and Saturday to the various dealerships looking at all the new cars. I still remember staring at the first Mustangs, Camaros and Firebirds that came out.  I have owned and restored many cars over the years as well as motorcycles and boats.  

  Between my wife and I we have three vehicles, plus a boat and I have a motorcycle.  She has always loved Corvettes particularly the mid-sixties models but they have become very expensive. Looking for something more affordable that she could use and enjoy we found her a great, low mileage 1980 model, fully optioned with a factory four speed transmission which is somewhat rare. With all this "stuff" at home space was becoming s problem so we decided that a car lift in the garage was an potential option to look at. As with most major purchases we shopped around looking at the various vehicle lifts on the market, comparing features and of course price. We settled on a unit made here in Ontario (Oakville) that was well engineered and unlike some others used North American parts versus components imported from abroad. 

  The lift was delivered and installed this week and we are very pleased with the results. Taking advantage of the available ceiling height the lift allows us to store three vehicles plus my motorcycle in our double car garage. For hobbyists like myself a car lift is a low cost option that will pay for itself while de-cluttering your driveway. The lift allows you to raise a vehicle to different heights for cleaning and or doing other maintenance tasks including underneath the car. If you are interested visit The Lift Superstore in Oakville or I would be happy to answer any questions you may have so feel free to Contact Me.





No comments:


Contact Me

Royal LePAGE Locations North (Brokerage)

330 First Street, Collingwood, ON L9Y 1B4



Email:
rickcrouch@propertycollingwood.com



Direct: 705-443-1037



Office: 705-445-5520 ext 230




Website:
www.rickcrouch.realtor















My Profile