Thursday, December 30, 2010

Patronizing Local Business

Given the state of our local economy and diminishing jobs in the manufacturing sector, I always try to patronize and support local business and I am pleased to say that all of my Christmas shopping this year was done at local merchants.  As a REALTOR® I am always being asked do I know a good handy man, painter, plumber or other service provider and in my blog from time to time I will recognize a local businesses that in my opinion provided great service.
  Earlier this week I was faced with a bit of a dilema.  I had rented a client's condo for the ski season and as the result of excessive snow build-up, the natural gas line leading from the gas meter to the house was damaged wherein Enbridge was forced to shut off the gas.  Consequently there is of course no heat for the tenant not to mention the threat of frozen pipes and other damage to the property.  As it goes, Enbridge doesn't repair the gas line, they said call Direct Energy.  Well Direct Energy doesn't repair gas lines either only furnances, water heaters and other "indoor" equipment.  The search then began for a local heating contractor that of course had to be a licensed gas fitter. 
  Well most everyone was closed until Wednesday to observe the statuatory holidays for Christmas and Boxing days.  No heat for two days wasn't going to work so I kept calling until I found a very obliging individual, Steve Hogg of Hogg's Heating Service.  Steve very quickly went to the property, ascertained the problem, obtained the necessary parts to repair the broken gas line, re-lit the gas appliances in the house (furnace, water heater etc.) and lastly completed the necessary paperwork for Enbridge certifying the repair had been done.  Here is a local business person that realized the need for fast and efficient service given the circumstances.  Holidays or not he went above and beyond the normal call or duty to rectify a potentially serious problem and did it quickly and at a reasonable cost.
  The tenants were impresssed with the quick response I was able to provide in getting their heat back on and most of that is due to the efforts of Steve Hogg.   I will surely use Steve again and will not hesitate to recommend him to others in need of heating service.  Thanks Steve and have a very happy New Year.

No comments:


Contact Me

Royal LePAGE Locations North (Brokerage)

330 First Street, Collingwood, ON L9Y 1B4



Email:
rickcrouch@propertycollingwood.com



Direct: 705-443-1037



Office: 705-445-5520 ext 230




Website:
www.rickcrouch.realtor















My Profile