Friday, June 20, 2008

The Information Highway


Back in November of last year I commented on the 50 kilometre per hour speed limt that had just been established on Highway 26 east and west of Collingwood. Earlier this week, one of my REALTOR® colleagues fowarded to me a website he discovered called "Speed Trap Exchange." I'm am a big user of technology and the Internet for both business and personal use. It continues to amaze me however the type and detail of information that is available to us online.

Speed Trap Exchange is a website that has been developed by someone with apparently too much time on their hands and includes a plethora of information pertaining to speeding including listing the common U.S. and Canadian locations for police to montior via radar, how to fight a speeding ticket and more. Yes, Collingwood has made the speed trap listings on this website and you guessed it, the 50 KM zones are front and centre.

I am not an advocate of speeding and with the high cost of both gas and insurance, I find myself more that ever watching the speed at which I drive. The point of this posting is merely to point out the vast array of information available to us online. In it's infancy, the so-called "information highway" was described as nothing more than a bumpy road. Now more than ever with the endless array of information available to us, it is progressing more and more towards being the information super highway that was promised. To visit "Speed Trap Exchange" click on the link below:

http://www.speedtrap.org/index.html

No comments:


Contact Me

Royal LePAGE Locations North (Brokerage)

330 First Street, Collingwood, ON L9Y 1B4



Email:
rickcrouch@propertycollingwood.com



Direct: 705-443-1037



Office: 705-445-5520 ext 230




Website:
www.rickcrouch.realtor















My Profile